Upcoming Church Events
(not related to church services)
For more information on each event, see the parish newsletter.
Anyone interested in attending Greek School is asked to contact the church by calling 920-921-4364 or by email, email@example.com.
Greek School for adults: Thursdays 6pm at the church; IF WE HAVE MORE THAN 5 NEW COMERS WE CAN START A BEGINNERS’ CLASS. CALL FR. TED IF YOU ARE INTERESTED. On recess until Jan 18.
Greek School for children: TBA
SUNDAY SCHOOL: Officially, the Sunday School will start on Sunday, September 10 with the Agiasmos service, and the lessons the following Sunday, September 17. We would like to stress the importance of this Ministry and kindly ask the parents of children of all ages to bring them to church EVERY SUNDAY. If we have the children we can have programs and a future for our parish.
OFFICE HOURS: Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 10am to 2pm. Please call Fr. Ted and come during this time to meet with him for any need you might have. The other days will for visitations here or elsewhere.
BIBLE STUDY IN ENGLISH: Mondays 10am. We are studying the Holy Gospel according to St. Matthew. We have discussions on matters of our faith, Study of the Bible and Questions and Answers on various topics. Everybody is welcome!
GOLDEN AGERS: This newly established group met for the first time at Faros restaurant May 18, 2017. Nine participated and the next gathering will be in September. We would like to encourage the relatives of these people (65 years of age and older) to participate in these meetings of love and fellowship over lunch or dinner. Thanks!
100TH ANNIVERSARY: See page here for details.
PARISH COUNCIL MEETINGS: Saturday, February 10 at 10am
GENERAL ASSEMBLY: TBA
GREEK FEST MEETINGS: TBA
PHILOPTOCHOS MEETINGS: Sunday, January 28 lunch and meeting at Colosseum after church;
Sunday, February 25 following the Divine Liturgy
CHOIR PRACTICES: The Choir will be practicing on the 2nd Sunday of every month in preparation for our anniversary and on introduction of more English into the Divine Liturgy. We ask all Choir members to come faithfully to these practices and we welcome anyone interested in joining the choir. Please talk to the Choir Director Dena Meyst.
1. Annual Local Vasilopita Celebration: Sunday, January 21, 2018 after the Divine Liturgy. Anyone in the community who wishes to make a vasilopita is welcome to do so. The vasilopitas, after they are blessed, are to be sold to the parishioners in the fellowship Hall. After the service of the cutting of vasilopita a free will offering will be taken. All proceeds (from the free will offering and from the sale of vasilopitas) will be sent by the Philoptochos to St. Basil’s Academy in Garrison, N.Y. Thank you for your support.
2. The annual Lady’s Philoptochos Luncheon will take place this year on Sunday, January 28 at the COLOSSEUM RESTAURANT, along with a brief meeting, following the Divine Liturgy. Anyone interested in joining the Philoptochos is welcome. Contact Julie for questions.
3. Godparents Sunday will be held this year on Sunday February 4, 2018. A brunch will take place following the Divine Liturgy and the service of “Rededication” to benefit our Sunday School children through a free will offering.
We ask all godparents to come to church with their godchildren to attend the Divine Liturgy, to renew together their baptismal vows, to partake of the Holy Sacrament of Holy Communion and both families to spend the day together. What a great blessing!!
4. FRIDAY-SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 9-11, 2018: - METROPOLIS OF CHICAGO
WESTERN REGION BASKETBALL TOURNAMENT, SIOUX CITY IOWA
5. Monday, February 19 marks the beginning of the Orthodox Great Lent. As in the past, every Wednesday the Liturgy of the Presanctified Holy Gifts will be celebrated followed by a talk or presentation and a light Lenten meal.
6. Philoptochos Meeting on Sunday, February 25 following the Divine Liturgy.
FROM THE HOLY METROPOLIS:
***6-month Memorial service (with kollyva) for His Eminence Metropolitan Iakovos.
***Christmas Open House at the Metropolis of Chicago, as of this date (Oct. 13, 2017), will not be held this year in respect to the repose of His Eminence Metropolitan Iakovos.
***The 2018 Metropolis of Chicago Vasilopita Celebration is expected to be held as usual.
Sept/Oct 2017 Anniversary Update
In addition to the already announced services and banquet for our 100th Anniversary next year on the weekend of June 23-24, 2018 the Anniversary Committee has begun taking orders for the 100th ANNIVERSARY COMMEMORATIVE ALBUM BOOK. Become part of our Holy Trinity 100th Anniversary Commemorative Book and support its publication by ordering space for your:
1. Personal or family history ( add your photos!)
2. Congratulatory message
4. Business ad (logo, artwork, photo)
5. Church ad
ORDER FORMS are available from any Board Member, In the Church Office, on the PANGARI and downstairs in the fellowship hall. Follow the directions on the form, enclose any photos and your check and return it to the church. For more information, or help designing your page, please contact Dena Meyst at Demmy@charter.net or 920-921-8424